Hello. I have problem with compiling this piece of code after "install" of Allegro (according to this http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/cpp/threads/248782/help-installing-allegro-for-bloodshed):

#include <conio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include “allegro.h”
int main() 
{ 
allegro_init(); 
printf("Allegro version = %s\n", allegro_id);
printf("\nPress any key...\n");
getch();
return 0; 
} 
END_OF_MAIN();

Because I got these errors:

3:10 ..\GetInfo\main.cpp #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME> 
 ..\GetInfo\main.cpp In function `int main()': 
 6 ..\GetInfo\main.cpp `allegro_init' undeclared (first use this function) 
   (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.) 
7 ..\GetInfo\main.cpp `allegro_id' undeclared (first use this function) 
7 ..\GetInfo\main.cpp `printf' undeclared (first use this function) 
7 ..\GetInfo\main.cpp At global scope: 
12 ..\GetInfo\main.cpp expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ';' token 
 ..\GetInfo\Makefile.win [Build Error]  [main.o] Error 1 

It is basic piece of code to test if Allegro installation was successful.
I have no idea how to fix this....each advice is appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for akfjmalcmask

Did you add lib files of allegro on your project ?

I thought that by installation packages will be necessary libraries created in default folders (where are libraries like stdio etc.)..wasn´t it? I didn´t read in any instructions that copy of allegro libraries is needed in every project folder.
btw: I didn´t find recquired version of compiled allegro libraries in www.allegro.cc sites and I don´t how to compile it myself :( (mingw version 3.4.2). By adding all non-compiled libraries to project folder was (obviously) nothing changed.
So could you tell me how to compile it myself, please :) (I got through this recently and have failed)?

#include “allegro.h”
is not the same as
#include "allegro.h"

Did you copy and paste that code from somewhere? Somewhere where the " symbol is replaced with ?

I am stupid, that was that :D. Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.