so whenever i tried to compile it give me error 2816
ive never used dev c++ although i have used netbeans and i had to change control panel env options and put C:\cygwin\bin
but now im using mingw cuz dev c++ came with it.

so this is the compiler log i get;

Compiler: Default compiler
    Building Makefile: "C:\Users\Noeld\Desktop\Makefile.win"
    Executing  make...
    make.exe -f "C:\Users\Noeld\Desktop\Makefile.win" all
    g++.exe -c cpp/main.cpp -o cpp/main.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include"    -g

make.exe: *** [cpp/main.o] Error 2816

Execution terminated

any ideas? Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

here is a related thread. If you google for "error 2816" you will find similar related articles.

here is a related thread. If you google for "error 2816" you will find similar related articles.

i wouldnt be asking for help here if i didnt google first :/ seems like im the only one with the error 2816 :.( thanks for replying.

seems like im the only one with the error 2816

Or you are one of the few people still using Dev-C++, which hasn't been updated in many years. If you want to use MinGW then Code::Blocks is a lot better IDE than Dev-C++.

commented: Code::Blocks works fine! thanks! +0

Or you are one of the few people still using Dev-C++, which hasn't been updated in many years. If you want to use MinGW then Code::Blocks is a lot better IDE than Dev-C++.

thanks for the advice will look it to it :3

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.