Hi!

I am new to dev c++.The program works good for the first time.Whenever I try to modify the code and compile it again it displays compiler error =Permission denied ld returned status 1.No idea what to do.I googled but still cant find a good solution.I've also attached the screen shot of the error when compiling it agin.Please help.

Thanking in advance.

The ld program is the linker used by GCC (the default compiler used by the Dev-C++ IDE) when building executables. The permissions issue is most likely a factor of where your program is being compiled. Can you give the PATH of the source file, as well as to executable file being created? They should be in a project folder, with the executable most likely being in the /Debug folder of the project. I would check the read-write permissions on the files as well - in Windows, you can right-click on the file in question and go to Properties, and it should show the attributes as checkboxes.

BTW, the Bloodshed version of Dev-C++ you are using is very, very old and out of date; I would replace it with a copy from the Orwell fork, found here. The original Dev-C++ project stopped in 2005, and hasn't been updated since. Orwell Dev-C++ is an update of the original using a current version of the GCC compiler suite. Alternately, you can use Code::Blocks, which is very similar and a bit more flexible.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.