Is possible to display animated image?for example this?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

And is this possible with Tkinter???

I could never get animated GIF to work with Tkinter, or PIL and Tkinter!
However, you could include the webbrowser code.

So you think this is impossible?:rolleyes:

Well, the Tkinter Canvas create_image() and PIL's ImageTk simply show an unanimated GIF. I have no experience with any other image libraries that might work with Tkinter. You might have to google for a combination of Tkinter and animated GIF.

If your program is not too complex, rewrite it for wxPython. The wxPython GUI is much more advanced than Tkinter!

Well, the Tkinter Canvas create_image() and PIL's ImageTk simply show an unanimated GIF. I have no experience with any other image libraries that might work with Tkinter. You might have to google for a combination of Tkinter and animated GIF.

If your program is not too complex, rewrite it for wxPython. The wxPython GUI is much more advanced than Tkinter!

yes sure i can, there is not a lot of widgets. But i dontk know wx method like Canvas.find_overlapping,lift,delete and so...I havent much experience with wx:(( there is a lot of images( i am doing a game:))

Hey vega, that works pretty smooth!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.