what are the best gui module of perl? i know tk. anyone here have any more suggestion?? im a total noob in perl... pls help me..

thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Covinus

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think Perl GUI's are a complete waste of time. If you're hellbent on getting a GUI done though, PerlTk is about the only way to do it, next to making calls to ``dialog'' like so: system("dialog [i]arguments[/i]"); EDIT: This is assuming you are using UNIX/Linux, and you have ``dialog'' installed (which it should be supplying you are running a UNIX variant). If you are running Windows, PerlTk's your only bet - unless someone's written a Perl module for interfacing with the WinAPI.

im just going to build up some computer programing skills. but im planing to build up a small system with perl. if you say perl gui is limited then it would be good because it will be a challenge to make one.

thanks for your time posting... :)

really? I'll have to look into that.

I definitely think though, that if you're interested in making a gui, just C++ or Java, or some BASIC like port to Linux (ie. Gambas). Keep the scripting and parsing language (Perl) to scripting and parsing.

Though you would have started your app by now.....:)
win32::GUI and Gtk are your choices.But they are not portable..Tk is easy to learn but has no native look(to OS)
WxPerl is your other good choice.

Though you would have started your app by now.....:)
win32::GUI and Gtk are your choices.But they are not portable..Tk is easy to learn but has no native look(to OS)
WxPerl is your other good choice.

i havent started yet. im building a special project. hehehe.

but i will try to learn about Wx perl

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.