I am using ado in vb 6.0 plz help me!

Edited by pritaeas: Moved to VB.

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by kgariando

You didn't provide the table structures so I'll assume the tables have the same structure. I have no idea how much detail you need so I'll start with a little and you can ask for more as you need. If you have an ADODB.Connection object named con then you can move the record in two steps. Step 1 will copy the record and step 2 will delete the record from the source table. Because you have provided no details I can give only an example.

con.Execute("INSERT INTO Table2 SELECT * FROM Table1 WHERE SomeField = 'Some Value'")
con.Execute("DELETE FROM Table1 WHERE SomeField = 'Some Value'")

Edited by Reverend Jim

Of course, you should do error checking at each step to ensure that you don't delete the record if it fails to insert into Table2.

What I suggest is, firstly call the records from the First Table that you need to transfer on to a VB Form on to Text boxes or a ListView.Then save those records in the table you require. Then write the Deleting Codes on to the same Button Following the Saving Codes, to be executed from the previous table.

Just go into Access and create a query. Make sure that it works. Then plug the result into VB6. For how to create a query

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.