Hi guys :) It's my first time posting and I need help with a program I'm supposed to write for school. I have no clue how to do it and could use any information, thank you!

Here's the Information:

"Ask the user to enter a word. Output the letters in the word in reverse order (e.g., Lucy becomes ycuL). Palindromes are words that are spelt the same when they are reversed. Add a check to the program to determine if the word entered is a palindrome. For example, the word “dad” is a palindrome because spelt backwards it is still “dad”."

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I would use a JFrame with 2 JTextFields. In one JTextField the user would enter the word. In the other JTextFied would be the user's input in reverse. Then I would compare the two JTextFields to see if they are equal.

Disagree. Never start with the GUI; always get the model first. Anyway - who said this was a GUI application?

Vardaan:
DaniWeb Member Rules (which you agreed to when you signed up) include:
"Do provide evidence of having done some work yourself if posting questions from school or work assignments"
http://www.daniweb.com/community/rules

Post what you have done so far and someone will help you from there.

Ah, I'm sorry I must have missed that. I need help to actually start the work since I have no clue haha

Vardaan: go through your textbook or course notes. if you have no clue on how to start, either that 'll give you a clue, or you might as wel accept the fact that you might not pass this course.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.