Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I am new to Java. I understand it when I see it, but writting it is difficult for me. That is for now. I am building an app, which is going to be a quiz. There are 10 questions with fur answers to each questions...I am not asking to do this for me. I just have no idea where to start. Can someone help me please? Where do I start to build this app? Thank you in advance.

Any suggestions would be great. Examples on another app or anything would be great. Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Start with something else first. Watch a tutorial series to help you get started, code along with the videos and understand the code. After you understand the syntax and the basics of what you might need to start this project then come back to it.

Here, my suggestion is start with "Hello world", where you can see how to print messages to the user in the console, then ask the user to enter a number, a word and a sentance. This will give u the basic knowledge you need to know for doing the quiz in console(not sure if you meant console project or gui but I assume console).
Take a look at the method System.out.println()
also read about Scanner(used to get input from users)

@hemp31, when you refer to App, are you talking about Android App?

step 1 write an analysis
step 2 define objects/methods (based on the analysis)
step 3 define test-cases
step 4 write unit tests
step 5 implement the code
step 6 unit test what you've written
step 7 correct any errors against the unit tests that may occur and repeat steps 6 and 7 until there are no more errors
step 8 user-test it

finish ..

steps 3, 4, 6 and 7 are not mandatory.
step 1 can be very rudimentary.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.