Hi I've searched all over the internet for this but can't find anything useful. I have form which a user fills out and then inserts in access database. But I also have a field DateTime in my table which I want to automatically save the current date and time in the database. How do I do this? Thank you. I keep getting an error saying "an oledbparameter with parameter name '@datetime' is not contained by this oledb"

Try
            con.Open()

With cmd
                .Connection = con
                .CommandType = CommandType.Text
                .CommandText = "INSERT INTO tJ (S, T, DateTime) VALUES (@S, @T, @DateTime)"

.Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("@S", System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarChar, 255, Me.cmbN.Text))
                .Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("@T", System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarChar, 255, Me.cmbT.Text))
                .Parameters.Add(New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("DateTime", System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.Date))

cmd.Parameters("@S").Value = Me.cmbN.Text
                cmd.Parameters("@T").Value = Me.cmbT.Text
                cmd.Parameters("@DateTime").Value = Date.Now

cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
                MsgBox("saved.", MsgBoxStyle.Information)
Contributors
Views
2 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Shark_1

New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbParameter("DateTime",

This is the cause for your exception. Write Parameters properly.
You can use the datatype as OleDb.OleDbType.DBTimeStamp.
And also you can declare the parameters more consizely. Like

.Parameters.Add("@S", System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarChar, 255).Value = Me.cmbN.Text
.Parameters.Add("@T", System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.VarChar, 255).Value = Me.cmbT.Text
.Parameters.Add("@DateTime", System.Data.OleDb.OleDbType.DBTimeStamp).Value = Date.Now()

Edited by Shark_1

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.