Guys,
I want to build Operating System.
My Operating System will look like mixture of all the other Operating System currently in use and will have new extensions for every single thing and will run all the things of other extensions!
The problem is i don't even know programming.
Guess you guys will help me with this problem!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The problem is i don't even know programming.

Yep, that's a problem alright. A big one.

I'd start by searching for tutorials on how to write an operating system; there a surprising number out there on the web. Once you have an idea of what's involved, you can start learning the programming languages and concepts required. But be aware that starting from zero means your project likely won't be finished for quite some time.

will have new extensions for every single thing and will run all the things of other extensions!

That sounds like a microkernel design.

You are definitely going to need to learn programming before you can really do anything with this idea / project.

Once you have learned a decent amount of programming (especially in C and C++), you might want to be looking into existing open-source microkernel projects, because they are generally small (less than 10,000 lines of code) and therefore easier to study and modify, compared to, say, a massive beast like the Linux kernel. Good microkernel projects include Minix-3 and GNU Hurd.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.