Member Avatar for lithium112

I am facing an issue and am hoping there is an easy way to do this. Is there any possible way to invoke a method from another project without a reference to it? I am unable to reference the project due to circular referencing.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Could you elaborate why you need circular referencing? It will not even compile.

Hmm, my initial reaction is to suggest fixing the circular reference. You could try using reflection to invoke methods in a compiled assembly from the other project, but that strikes me as more of a Band-Aid than a solution.

@ddanbe - I'm not trying to put in circular referencing. VS2013 won't allow it. But there is a method in another project that I need to call, but I have no way to reference the dll because of circular referencing. So I'm looking for a way to call this method.

@deceptikon - I'll try that and let you know. Like you said, it could just be a band-aid solution at the moment, but I'll look into a better solution if this works later.

I would suggest moving the required method to a third dll if possible and referencing that dll from both of your existing projects.

commented: You did it I guess. +15

It looks like we had a built in function for this. It so happens does reference a third dll. I appreciate all the input.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.