i need to make a c++ console based program for a banking system using files. i implemented some code but having difficulty with withdrawing money from the account, checking balance, transferring funds and viewing transaction.

For withdrawing funds i implemented the following code but it doesn't seem to work properly. (To withdraw i need to ask the user to enter a name and from that i need to search the file from that right?)

Thank you very much in advance. Been stuck with this for a long time:(

void withdraw(){ 
    int accountNo; 
    string name,_name; 
    double amount,withdrawal; 
    string answer; 
    string line = ""; 
    cout<<"**Withdraw Cash**"<<endl; 
    ifstream cashfile("cashfile.txt"); 
    cout<<"Please Enter account Number:"<<endl; 
    cin>>accountNo; 
    cout<<"Please Enter Name"<<endl; 
    cin>>name; 
    cout<<"Please Enter amount to withdraw Rs:"; 
    cin>>withdrawal; 
    while (getline(cashfile,line)) { 
        stringstream pop(line); 
        pop>>_name; 
        cashfile>>accountNo>>name>>amount; 
        amount = ::total - withdrawal; 
        ofstream cashfile; 
        cashfile.open("cashfile.txt",ios_base::trunc); //Discard the file’s contents 
        cashfile<<accountNo<<" "<<name<<" "<<amount<<" "<<endl; 
        cout<<"Amount withdrawal Successful"<<endl; 
        cout<<"Balance is Rs" << amount <<endl; 
    } 
}

Edited by Dani: Formatting fixed

Contributors
Replies
Views
2 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tinstaafl
Featured Replies
  • Not sure what lesson your instructor is trying to teach here, but this seems like a good opportunity to learn about Object Oriented Programming. * I'd start with a class("Account"). This would have properties for Account Number, Account Type, and Amount. The functions for deposit and withdrawal would be here. … Read More

This isn't really C++ (object oriented) code. What are your classes? What are the member variables they contain? What are the methods to get/set their data values? It is time you went back to the text book...

Not sure what lesson your instructor is trying to teach here, but this seems like a good opportunity to learn about Object Oriented Programming.

• I'd start with a class("Account"). This would have properties for Account Number, Account Type, and Amount. The functions for deposit and withdrawal would be here.

• Also a class("Customer"). This would have properties for Name, Address(another class), and a collection of accounts. A function for transferring between accounts

• A class("Bank"). This would have properties for Name, Address and a collection of Customers

This might look and sound like a lot of work. However, you will quickly see how compartmentalizing your code like this makes things much easier to understaqnd what's going on.

Edited by tinstaafl

Comments
hi thank you for your reply. can i message you personally i really need some help on this PLEASE..
This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Be sure to adhere to our posting rules.