i am using eclipse to write code that allows me to take a text file containing data (in my case it looks something like this :20 30 40 50 etc).i want to write the code in java and i am using eclipse as my IDE.i need the database to be ms access.i have googled a lot but found a good code here in daniweb but its too long and lengthy for a beginner to understand.So to sum it up "i need to be able to put the data in a text file in to MS-Access database using java".

Contributors
Replies
Views
2 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by stultuske

Any code you find here is probably as simple as it can be to do the job. It may not be easy, but real programming is never easy.
Just make a start and try to code it yourself. You won't learn much by just copy/pasting someone else's code anyway. When you get stuck, come back here for help.

And don't forget the DaniWeb rules:
"Do provide evidence of having done some work yourself if posting questions from school or work assignments"
http://www.daniweb.com/community/rules

but its too long and lengthy for a beginner to understand

a good thing you are not a beginner, then. if you are a beginner, remove eclipse and learn to program without an IDE first, instead of learning to just use an ide. also: stop working on I/O material and databases, start at the beginning.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.