in my database: [tbl, nod, qty, DorT, tme, price]
I wanted to call 3fields in the database, The nod[name of dish], tbl[table], DorT[dinein/takeout]
nod[in listview, subitems(1)], tbl[cbtable in the form], and DorT[combobox1 in the form]
In listview[LVORDER]-(qty, nod, price, total)
In my case, adding order is already OK. But i've got a situation that when a customer wants to add an ADDITIONAL DISH, so i need to update his/her, and add a new dish that is not in the list of her/his order before

PROBLEM: scenario: DINE IN and TAKEOUT, i have the same dish, so it is expected to update/add the quantity of the dish as well as the total, but when the dish is in list of her/his order before but diffrent OF DineIn/Takeout, the quantity of that dish is updating In TAKEOUT / DINEIN
EXAMPLE:
qty - name of dish - DineIn/TakeOut
1 - Pasta - dineIn
1 - Chicken - dineIn
2 - Rice - TakeOut

i want to add aditional dish now in DineIn, the same Pasta and a Rice
but this is my output

2 - Pasta - dineIn
1 - Chicken - dineIn
3 - Rice - TakeOut

[the rice should be added in the dinein list, not to update the takeout list]

Sub additional_dish()
        Dim tme As String = TimeOfDay
        Dim sql = "select Count(*) from TBLORDER where nod= '" & lvorder.Items(0).SubItems(1).Text & "' AND tbl = '" & cbtable.Text & "' AND DorT='" & ComboBox1.Text & "'"
        Dim cmd = New OleDbCommand(sql, con)

Try
            Dim result As Integer = Convert.ToInt32(cmd.ExecuteScalar())
            cmd.Parameters.Clear()
            cmd.Dispose()

If result > 0 Then
                For Each x As ListViewItem In lvorder.Items
                    'sql = "Update TBLORDER set [qty] = [qty] + ? , [price] = [price] + ? where nod = ?"
                    sql = "Update TBLORDER set [qty] = [qty] + ? , [price] = [price] + ? where nod ='" & x.SubItems(1).Text & "' AND tbl = '" & cbtable.Text & "' AND DorT='" & ComboBox1.Text & "'"
                    cmd = New OleDbCommand(sql, con)
                    cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@qty", Val(x.SubItems(0).Text))
                    cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@price", Val(x.SubItems(3).Text))

cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
                    MsgBox("The Dish Has Been Updated")
                Next
            Else
                For Each x As ListViewItem In lvorder.Items
                    sql = "Insert into TBLORDER (tbl, nod, [qty], DorT, tme, [price]) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)"
                    cmd = New OleDbCommand(sql, con)
                    cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@tbl", cbtable.Text)
                    cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@nod", x.SubItems(1).Text)
                    cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@qty", Val(x.SubItems(0).Text))
                    cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@DorT", ComboBox1.Text)
                    cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@tme", tme)
                    cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@price", Val(x.SubItems(3).Text))
                    cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
                    MsgBox("The Dish Has Been Save")
                Next
            End If
        Catch ex As Exception
            MessageBox.Show(ex.Message)
        End Try
    End Sub

Recommended Answers

There should be an option to edit item(s).

Jump to Post

All 4 Replies

There should be an option to edit item(s).

@Shark_1, instead of saving all records in listview, i think i need to check first wether the dish[with the same table, and dinein/takeout] is in the database already.
when the dish[the same table, dinein/takeout] need to update
if not the dish need to add. Can you please help me, how to check the records in listview if it i alreay exist in the database?

The easiest way is select Item from listview and edit its status dinen/takeout, then add a new dish as takeout.
Another way , at the time of item insertion to the listview, it automatically choose the last one will be as takeout.
Your list was
2 - Pasta - dineIn
1 - Chicken - dineIn
3 - Rice - TakeOut

You want to add a new dish like Raita, it automatically adds Raita as takeout and converts Rice as Dinein.
2 - Pasta - dineIn
1 - Chicken - dineIn
3 - Rice - dineIn
1 - Raita - TakeOut

Hope it can help you.

that would be nice, but i dont want to convert/edit dish from dinein/takeout

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.