Write an application that uses random-number generation to create sentences. Use four arrays of Strings called article, noun, verb and preposition. Create a sentence by selecting a word at random from each array in the following order: article, noun, verb, preposition, article and noun. As each word is picked, concatenate it to the previous words in the sentence. The words should be separated by spaces. When the final sentence is output, it should start with a capital letter and end with a period. The program should generate 20 sentences and output them to a text area.
The arrays should be filled as follows: the article array should contain the articles "the", "a", "one", "some" and "any"; the noun array should contain the nouns "boy", "girl", "dog", "town" and "car"; the verb array should contain the past-tense verbs "drove", "jumped", "ran", "walked" and "skipped"; the preposition array should contain the prepositions "to", "from", "over", "under" and "on"

Reverend Jim commented: lazy -3

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

We don't do homework. We'll help you when you're stuck but you'll need to show some effort first.
If you are stuck, post up what code you have done and explain the problem you're having.

I find it particularly annoying that not only do you expect us to do your homework for you but you can't even be bothered to ask. You just post the question and expect us to do the work for you. You get a downvote for your lack of effort.

i beg, plsssss, i don't know my way round it. please help me, i relly sorry

If you have no idea how to get started then you should either

• Pay more attention in class
  • Get a vb.net book (I suggest a Microsoft Step By Step book) and read it
  • Drop the class

We are not going to help you unless you have shown that you have put some effort into solving the problem yourself. That effort should consist of more than just posting "help me".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.