Hi Group,

I've written a macro to save a copy of the spreadsheet at the end of each day. I tried to test it as a shared file and learned the macro wouldn't work. Is this normal for a shared document? If so, is there a way around this? How can I do this?

In advance, thanks for your help.

Don

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I tried to test it as a shared file

What do you mean by that?

Hmmm..... I guess I didn't word that very well.

I wrote the macro BEFORE I saved it as a shared document. After I saved it as a shared document, I tried to run the macro. It didn't run. In fact, I couldn't even view the macro. Does this help?

Don

I'm using Excel 2010. On the "Review" tab, there is an icon to click (Share Workbook) that allows multiple people to be in the document at the same time. Individuals can make changes to the document even though it is open on the desktops of mutiple people.

For what it's worth, everything I read says I should be able to run them. But I can't figure out how. It seems that my button is disabled and I can't click "Macros" to run the thing.

I will just keep trying.

Maybe check the security settings under

Tools -> Macro -> Security

At least that's where it is under Excel 2003 the version I have).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.