Group,

I've created some spreadsheets that others use. The headings of the spreadsheets are divided up with colors. However after I've created these and saved them formatted as I like, some of these cells are changing automatically after the other users open them up.

I've read online there may have been custom formatting done originally. So I've gone in and deleted all of the "custom" formatting available. If then changed the column headings back to the formatting I prefer. But again, as the user is opening it the next day, these handful of column heading go back to a white background with a change in font and font size.

Any ideas what could cause this? More importantly, how do I fix it?

In advance, thanks for your help.

Don

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi Don,
Maybe you used a font, not available on the user's computer?

ddanbe, That definately isn't the issue. All of our computers are loaded with the "standard issue" fonts and all are exactly the same. Specifically, the heading are saved with the "Calibri" size 10 font. It is converting back to "Arial" size 6 - but only on a handful of cells. It is not across the page. If I didn't no better, I'd say those specific cells are programmed to change (either programmatically or through Conditional Formatting". But I see no indication of either anywhere.

I'm at a loss.

Which version do you use sir?

@Hanif1993, I'm using Microsoft Office Professional 2010.

sir, can you discribe it more? it dosn't work in your pc next day, or in another pc?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.