Hello,

I will try to ask this question very straight forward to not complicate the example.
As seen the an event called currentTime is located INSIDE a public class EWrapperImpl.
The functions comes from a DLL reference file that I code against. By default it seems
that the currentTime(long time) has to be declared in the EWrapperImpl class.

I wonder if there are any standard procedure to be able to let this currentTime event
to Also run in the "public partial class Form1 : Form" somehow?

public class EWrapperImpl : EWrapper
{
    public void currentTime(long time) { }
}

What wonder is how it would be possible to have this event in the "public partial class Form1 : Form"
which is the application itself.

Can we declare the currentTime event in the below code somehow?

namespace TestCsharp
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeCompo nent();
        }

//How is it possible to declare below function here?: 

//"public void currentTime(long time) { }"
    }
}

Hi

Not sure I fully understand how you want to work with the currentTime method based on your description. But in the most simple terms, you would declare a type of EWrapperImpl in your form class and then call currentTime:

EWrapperImpl ewrap = new EWrapperImpl();
            ewrap.currentTime(...);

HTH

Is there any special raison to implement your own current time, when this functionality already exists? Example.
EDIT: Please can this post be deleted?

Edited 1 Year Ago by ddanbe: To be deleted

Thanks for answer,

Yes, I will put the complete code to fully understand how I work with the currenttime.

Below is the so called EWrapperImpl class. This class has many events. I have just taken currenttime as an example.
The thing is that the class events like currenttime on intervals is returning the currenttime without calling any method.

public class EWrapperImpl : EWrapper
{
    public void currentTime(long time) 
    {
             Form1 form1 = new Form1();
      form1.functionNeedingGlobalValue(time);
    }
}

I do use an API that connects to a server with the below code in the "button1_Click"

namespace TestCsharp
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }
        String globalvalue = "";
        private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            EWrapperImpl client = new EWrapperImpl();

globalvalue = "hello";
            client.ClientSocket.eConnect("127.0.0.1", 7496, 0); //Connect to server
        }
        public void functionNeedingGlobalValue(long time)
        {
            MessageBox.Show(time.ToString() + "," + globalvalue);
        }
    }
}

If we take the above example, when I click on the button1_Click, this connects to the server. Then the currentime
returns the time value on the server. The thing is that I need to call "functionNeedingGlobalValue" which will also use
the "globalvalue".
In the above when "functionNeedingGlobalValue" is called the "globalvalue" is == "" even that it was set to "hello"
in the button1_Click.
I wonder why this happens?

However if I delcare like this instead:

static String globalvalue = "";

Then "hello" will be shown.
I think this leaves me with 2 questions. Is it a good practise to put static infront of all 100 global variables that
I have that is called in the same way as the above example or is there a way to declare this function in the form class to set and get
global values?

public void currentTime(long time)

Edited 1 Year Ago by Darth Vader

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.