Hi guys,

I have written a program which currently accumalates different pairs and their frequency from an excel spreadsheet. (1280 pairs)

Want I want to achieve is from the top 20/30 pairs, if I can find pairs that link e.g. Pair 1 [1,33] and Pair 100 [1,232] so i would expect that to be a link.

With that link i want to be able to merge it so the the value becomes e.g. [33,1,232] before continue to find any more.

My find outcome should be a set of 10 numbers which are linked together by thier pairs.

Anyone one have any ideas, would apreciate it?

Kind Regards.

So my excel spread contains several lines of numbers. For each line I get the amount of possible pairs there could be so if a line is 1,2,3,4,5 Then the pairs would be [1,2],[1,3],[1,4] and so on. I add these to a tuple list which include and int value for the number of times it has appeard. If i find a the same pair on the next line then i just increase and int value.

So now i have ended up with 100s of these and want to find within the top 20/30 if some of these pairs can join by either value it contains. I.E [1,2] would connect to [1,3] becuase of the value of 1.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.