Hello, for fun I have been learning both linux (Mint) and python3 as of late. I have finished a working code that scrapes yahoo for data and selects a series of stocks for me. Today I finished creating an apache2 server using linux. What I had hoped to do is run the python script, send the output of my python code and post it to a webpage automatically on a daily interval. I really don't even know which webpage language I should use HTML, PHP, SQL something else?.

I'm assuming I can simply pipe the python code to an file of some sort, but is there a better approach to getting started for this type of application?

Thank you in advance

PtahX

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

really don't even know which webpage language I should use HTML, PHP, SQL something else?.

You can of course use Python.
Micro-framework like Flask can be a good place to start.
Python has bigger Framework like Django, web2py or CMS like Django-cms.
These has a lot of tools,and can be a overwhelming when you shall learn basic web stuff.

Your question show that this is all new.
For web-development HTML,CSS,JavaScript(jQuery) is something that's has to be studied in some degree.
E.g you run Flask as server and Write HTML and CSS to show stuff in a webpage.

I'm assuming I can simply pipe the python code to an file of some sort, but is there a better approach to getting started for this type of application?

First you can test local and try to upload file to Flask server.
If you want this to be a webpage that is running public on internet,
you need a host like Pythonanywhere, Heroku.

Brilliant thank you!, that gives me a place to start reading :). I appreciate your time!

Steve

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.