I create a project encrypt and decrypt data in vb.net
how to use this code as a function please help it is work only on a textbox
i want to send a string value then return encrypt value and when i send encrypt value then send me decrypt value.

Click Here

What I have tried:

Private arLetterChars() As Char = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890 "
Private arEncryptedChars() As Char = "******************************************************"

' encrypt.

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click, Button4.Click
       With TextBox1
           For Each myTextBoxChar As Char In .Text '// loop thru TextBox, one char. at a time.
               For i As Integer = 0 To arLetterChars.Length - 1 '// loop thru all letters in the Array.
                   '// if TextBox char ='s the char in your Array, replace the TextBox char with the same #'ed Array char of the Encrypted letters.
                   If myTextBoxChar = arLetterChars(i) Then .Text = .Text.Replace(myTextBoxChar, arEncryptedChars(i))
               Next
           Next
       End With
   End Sub

'decrypt.

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
    With TextBox1
        For Each myTextBoxChar As Char In .Text '// loop thru TextBox, one char. at a time.
            For i As Integer = 0 To arEncryptedChars.Length - 1 '// loop thru all Encrypted char.s in the Array.
                '// if TextBox char ='s the char in your Array, replace the TextBox char with the same #'ed Array char of the Letters.
                If myTextBoxChar = arEncryptedChars(i) Then .Text = .Text.Replace(myTextBoxChar, arLetterChars(i))
            Next
        Next
    End With
End Sub
Re: How to encrypt and decrypt data in VB.NET by using variable 80 80

To me this looks like all content (if your code worked) would end up as all asterisks.
Private arEncryptedChars() As Char = "**" (all asterisks)

What was wrong with the example from your link?
Private arEncryptedChars() As Char = "¿s¢çc‹i˜Ö´åÄÚKÍìæ¯~4Ûÿ5ÑûÏÉí³èô§ŠÀÙ9ÒÓ?þ.äƒ%*š¾†±HI2@æŒ,"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.