I have an application that has core PHP for the signin, registration, dashboard. It has a front end and backend (dashboard). Simple stuff.
I need to implement a Scheduling system and EasyAppointments (EA) has 90% of the stuff I need.

EA uses codeigniter and requires login. It has it own login as well. So now we have the front site and dashboard with 1 core php signin. The EA has it signin codeigniter. I need to combine both. The developer wants to use the EA signing for everything, but it is not as robust as my signin (IP, lock out, roles, etc. )

I would like to know if it is true you can't combine core php with codeigniter.
And what is your suggestion: is it better to choose a framework over using core php?

Thank you for your time!

Hi,

My apologies for taking so long to reply to this.

DaniWeb itself is written in CodeIgniter, and I love it. I find that it's a very lightweight PHP framework, and I used it to roll my own ORM, etc.

Codeigniter has a session management library, but you would still need to write all the login functionality, lost password reset, etc. yourself (unless it's built-into EA).

How does your sign in work? Do you use native PHP sessions? It should be reasonably easy to implement CodeIgniter's session management into an existing login class within CodeIgniter.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.