is there a way to open attachments displayed in a textbox, separated by a semi-colon..like an email attachment that's underlined where u just click on the link(underlined filename) and it opens that particular attachment.
i would just like to see an example...thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You are talking about a link in a textbox that opens a file? In the textbox, or in whatever program would normally open it? I mean, what exactly are you trying to do?

i need an example on attachments in a textbox, like when u click on a command button, cmdAttach it opens up a list of files where i choose any to attach, and if i choose 2, the filenames get separated by a semicolon to distinguish them(one after the other).
if i wanna open one, i click on the filename and it should open that particular file, and if i click on the next one, then it should open that next file.

[Private Sub txtAttach_DblClick()
If txtAttach.Text = "" Then
dlg.ShowOpen
ElseIf txtAttach.Text <> "" Then
Dim ret&
ret = ShellExecute(Me.hwnd, "Open", dlg.FileName, "", "", 1)
End If
end sub/]

i'm trying to open it like the ones in the outlook where we place email attachments(underlined) and u just click on that underlined attachment(filename) to open it. exactly what i wanna do for my textbox...where i add the filenames in my textbox as attachments, and when i double click on the filenames, it opens the lastly added item. since still learning vb6, how do i write the program to let it behave like opening email attachments..open the exact filename i click on...how do i get my filenames to be underlined so i can just click on it and it opens that document.
below is the code i'm applying to my textbox:

[Private Sub txtAttach_DblClick
If txtAttach.Text = "" Then
dlg.ShowOpen
ElseIf txtAttach.Text <> "" Then
Dim ret&
ret = ShellExecute(Me.hwnd, "Open", dlg.FileName, "", "", 1)
End If
end sub/]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.