Hai,
I need to Send and Receive Email using Ms-Access with Attachments.
Anybody know how to send and receive Email's usin Ms-Access.
please post me the details.

Thanks

Tamilvanan

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Look up the CDO.Message object, it has everything you need. This thread has some code you can adapt for it

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread70031.html

To add an attachment use
.AddAttachment with the file name and location as the parameter.

Regards

D

Hai.
thanks for your reply. I am already doing with this type of attachment (attachment path passing as a parameter).

But i need the browse button, to click the browse button and select any one file. The selected file path was store into a textbox.

this type of attachment i need. I know the Microsoft Common Dialog control was do this. But in my Access form the common dialog control is not there. Then i go to click the more controls button and select the Microsoft Common Dialog Control, version 6.0. But the Error occured. The error message is

You don't have the license required to use this ActiveX control.
You tried to open a form containing an OLE object or an ActiveX control or you tried to create an ActiveX control. To obtain the appropriate license, contact the company that provides the licensed OLE object or ActiveX control.

Then i go and try to register the ActiveX control. But again i have the error message.

c:\windows\system32\comctl32.dlll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
This file can not be registered.

This error message was displayed. So that i have stucked.

Anybody can know, how to solve this problem. please let me know.

Thanks
Tamilvanan

It depends on whether you are loading the file from the client or server side. If it's from the client side you will need to upload the file to the server first. This can be done with a component like ABCUpload. Alternatively there is code on the web to upload files in ASP, but it's not the easiest to follow. Once the file is uploaded then the above code can be used

It depends on whether you are loading the file from the client or server side. If it's from the client side you will need to upload the file to the server first. This can be done with a component like ABCUpload. Alternatively there is code on the web to upload files in ASP, but it's not the easiest to follow. Once the file is uploaded then the above code can be used

hey i am not using any server. Am using only my client system.
am Using Ms-Access and Outlook only for send Email. Just I need to attach a file in my email. not to the server.

you know one thing. I can't able to put the Common Dialog Controm in my Ms-Access form. So that's why am asking this question.

Pls post me any details do you know...

Thanks
Tamilvanan

oops sorry, wrong thread, went ASP for a second there :)

There is a good example here
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm

Hai. Thanks for all your replies.
Am complete the Task for Send Email with Attachment.
Now i need to Receive Email using Ms-Access and Outlook.
If i go to the Outlook inbox and click any one email link the content will be open and there we need to show one command button. If we click that command button, that mail content and all the details will be store into the Access Table.

There is any possible for this, if anybody know please let me know.

Thanks
Tamilvanan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.