Hi, I have form1, and second form2

When I call second form2, form1 is disabled for any interaction.

customer.Show()
        Me.Enabled = False

Close button on form2 code is

Private Sub Closebutton_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Closebutton.Click
        Me.Close()
        Form1.BringToFront()
        Form1.Enabled = True
End Sub

As you can see, I want to enable form1, and to call form1 to front. However, form1 has lost under other opened programs, and I can get it to fron by clicking on TaskBar.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It would be improper for any app to force itself to be the active application.

Even though Windows does this all the time.

commented: "Hey, hey, look at me!" Also, nice to read that someone else calls Windows an app. +15

Another way to go is to make form2 a dialog form. This will make it modal and since it remains part of form1, form1 will still be on top but inaccessible while form2 is active.

commented: Reading about codes I run into Dialog and Modal forms in VB. Thanks. +2

to bring your child form top
dim obj as new
obj.mdiparent=
obj.shoe

Maybe using show and hide is abetter way to deal with the issue.

Public Class Form1
    Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Form2.Show()
        Me.Hide()
    End Sub
End Class

Public Class Form2
    Private Sub Form2_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Me.Close()
        Form1.Show()

End Sub
End Class
commented: Thanks man. This is behavior I was looking for. +2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.