I have this https://imgur.com/a/SMqlcgF multiplexer and I have to make a program to get the truth table. How would I do this? I honeslty am so lost.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The Truth Table there always has Q = 1. Was that a mistake?

commented: No, i believe that is correct, I think its from a textbook +0

Instead of having the image on a third-party site, I'm including it here for easier readability.

FS9kco2.jpeg

While it's been years, we used to write simulation programs for such things. But that passed as we moved to better tools that could take a truth table and make the circuit in a FPGA.

But that's a longer discussion and something you would write after a few years of coding along with the usual course in digital design.

ALL that aside the truth table has a logic 1 for all the stated input conditions so something is off here. I can't read the assignment so I can't guess that there is missing information but it means I can't offer much here until I know the rest of the assignment. And as you know, I can't supply code or do the homework for you but will discuss possible approaches. For now with that truth table, it's a one line function that returns true.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.