I think I can record but I can't read with the option button checkbox
I don't know if I do the recording procedure correctly

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

1. With so few having VB6 now, you need to move to a current release. Help will be hard to find.
  2. I can't load up your project. Few others can so by not posting the relevant code in the clear with your assessment, you see the issue?
  3. VB6, while I coded very large projects long ago, "It's Dead Jim." That is, you're on a deserted island.
  4. VB6 let us set breakpoints, examine variables and more. I continue to find old and new developers that don't know how to use the system.

Sorry but you have not given a solution to the issue, because I see that here in this forum people continue to ask about vb6.0

commented: You didn't supply the code in the clear. ZIP file? I won't open it and then the problems noted above. +17

Yes. People continue to ask about VB6. They shouldn't. And you likely won't see anyone answering questions about, for example, COBOL or QuickBASIC, except in a historical context. The only VB6 question that should be asked is "why are you still using it?"

I noted the issues with your post and the problems with what is a dead system. While I do have one last VB6 dev laptop in storage I only pull it out for paid work. And at 250USD a hour the only company that pays is very careful about their requests.

You ignored how such problems are presented. ZIP file? Too dangerous today. You could have posted the code snippet along with what lines you think the problem is at.

Finally there's the issue of how you wrote up the problem description and more so the lack of a document detailing the expected software operation. AKA the spec.

Sure, go ahead and claim I didn't supply the solution when you didn't supply the problem properly.

because it still works and there are many people who use it, thank you

because it still works and there are many people who use it, thank you

thanks for everything

I don't understand a few things. There are option buttons and there are check boxes. So I don't know what you mean by "option button checkbox." I also don't know what you mean by "record." Do you mean print? Read values from a file?

I would suggest instead of checking for "1" that you use "If chkExtra(0).Value = vbChecked", which is a VB constant and probably compiles more efficiently.

commented: From memory that's a valid example. Let's hope arcon engages and supplies a minimum viable example rather "code is broken." +17
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.