hey guys

I have to write this program and I really suck at it.:sad: I need a doubly linked list which is ordered. I was told that I can pull one off the internet and just use it. Ive been looking for one but I cant find it, so I was wondering if any of you know a site or if any one of you already have code for this kinda lost.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

post your program first. We don't just hand over source code for students expecting a quick solution and get a good grade. Or you can google yourself for source code.

post your program first. We don't just hand over source code for students expecting a quick solution and get a good grade. Or you can google yourself for source code.

my project is pretty long. the first step is to generate a bunch of random numbers and make sure they are between the range specified and unqiue. Then do a bunch of operations like insertng more numbers and stuff like that. Then i generate another random number file and see if any of those are in that file, if yes then i print the position (by printing the number before and after it) so the whole project has a lot with generating random numbers and I obviously need a linked list to do it. My prof said that we can use one online as long as we mention it on top and let her know that we havent written it, which is what i plan to do. I could write a linked list but its too time consuming. I looked up google but I coudlnt find one which is why i wanted to ask if any one of you might have one that I coudl use.

Are you using C or C++? If you can use C++ there is the standard template library which has a doubly linked list. You can use that without a problem. If it is in C, then post the project with the work you have done up to now. I will post a link (no pun intended) for the doubly linked list in C.

Maybe take a peek in the Code Snippets?

hey i actually found it online(guess i need to learn to look better haa). thanks anyway :)

Just searching for the code to do something or to complete a project is no substitute for solving the problem by putting in your genuine effort. If you want to solve or make this project why not consider it as a fun exercise and try your own hand at it. If you still have problems, look at the code provided on some sites and try to learn from it. It you still have doubts regarding anything post your question here.

Just copy pasting the code and then completeing the project wont do you any good.

commented: Another good comment - Salem +2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.