hi all, i'm the beginer for C#. And now i develop a small project that using to edit metadata for .wma file. I already found the reference from internet. But i dunno what is the parameter that should i pass in. Below is the function call >>>
public string ModifyAttrib(string pwszFileName, ushort wStreamNum, ushort wAttribIndex,
ushort wAttribType, string pwszAttribValue, ushort wLangIndex). Can anybody help me in this. Thx...

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

hi all, i'm the beginer for C#. And now i develop a small project that using to edit metadata for .wma file. I already found the reference from internet. But i dunno what is the parameter that should i pass in. Below is the function call >>>
public string ModifyAttrib(string pwszFileName, ushort wStreamNum, ushort wAttribIndex,
ushort wAttribType, string pwszAttribValue, ushort wLangIndex). Can anybody help me in this. Thx...

Did you ever get a solution?

Did you ever get a solution?

No. I still find the solution.

Are you still looking for a solutiion? I am working on a revision of the sample class library.

Are you still looking for a solutiion? I am working on a revision of the sample class library.

Yup. Hopefully you can help me. Because the method that I using now is more complicated and not so easy to maintain.

Also, there is an project called TagLib Sharp that really dumbs it down to just the way .NET users like it.

It's a managed dll that I believe is designed for C#.NET. It can manage metadata in mp3 and wma among other formats. Here:

Just for you

I have developed a set of classes that read and write metadata of wma and mp3 files. This is not an application, but a class with methods. One of the methods takes a directory name and returns a list of structures. The underlying classes are included in the set. Each structure contains the attributes of a file in that directory or sub directory. I also have a set of NUnit tests that illustrate how to use the classes. Are you interested?

Gary Minor
(919) 556-2725

Yup, I m interested.

I have developed a set of classes that read and write metadata of wma and mp3 files. This is not an application, but a class with methods. One of the methods takes a directory name and returns a list of structures. The underlying classes are included in the set. Each structure contains the attributes of a file in that directory or sub directory. I also have a set of NUnit tests that illustrate how to use the classes. Are you interested?

Gary Minor
(919) 556-2725

Where are you? How can I send it to you?

Also, there is an project called TagLib Sharp that really dumbs it down to just the way .NET users like it.

It's a managed dll that I believe is designed for C#.NET. It can manage metadata in mp3 and wma among other formats. Here:

Just for you

Thank you very much. :-)

TagLib Sharp seems to have no support for WMA. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.