arvin2006 1 Junior Poster in Training

i am doing a project, and i am not that good in database. pls help me to solve my problem regarding my thesis. i know how to mainpulate controls in visual basic and other aspects, but with regards to database access, i only have basic knowledge.. my project goes like this, after encoding data in the forms, i put it in the database ( i have already connected ADODC to the database named RECORDS,this database consists of more than 20 fields which is about students' record), i have added data environemt designer and data report as well. after connecting data environment to the RECORDS database, i drag the fields under the command1 to the data report. so connection has been done, but if data report will be displayed, all the database contents will be displayed also and in random. how could it be in alphabetical order.. and with the another form and another ADODC, i connected it to the same databse. it contains search command button and a datagrid. how could i display from the datgrid the search results from the query and it will be the the only data to be displayed in the data report..pls help to sort out only those data which came from only one student.. thank you for your time, and i do hope you can help me regarding this.. thanks a lot! God bless you more..