hi all! would just like to seek assistance... i am trying to open a pdf file in visual basic. if im trying to put it in as OLE it would only work if i have set the source file in the properties box. but if i put the source file in codes using app.path, it won't open. please help... thanks so much!:confused:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi ,

I am not sure whether you like to open within a form or outside the vb app. If you like to open the pdf inside the form you can place a web browser control inside the form and use the url as "c:\...\file.pdf".

Regards
Marikanna Narayanan

Hi ,

I am not sure whether you like to open within a form or outside the vb app. If you like to open the pdf inside the form you can place a web browser control inside the form and use the url as "c:\...\file.pdf".

Regards
Marikanna Narayanan

i am trying to open the pdf file in the command button of the form... i dunno if there is another way to open it aside from OLE control. thanks so much!:confused:

OLE1.OLETypeAllowed = acOLEEmbedded
OLE1.SourceDoc = "C:\1.pdf"
OLE1.Action = acOLECreateEmbed

Try with this one..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.