Hi Im interested in downloading pythhon and i was looking through the first steps to making a python script. This was in the tutorial
"

Setting the path
You will need to cause the directory containing the file named python.exe to be listed in your system environment variable named path.
Do you know how to set the path?
If you already know how to set the path, go ahead and do it. If you don't already know how, you may need to get some help. I'm not going to try to tell you how to do it, because the procedure varies from one operating system to the next, and if you don't do it correctly, you may cause problems that are difficult to recover from. (I don't want to be responsible for that.)

I:eek: have searched all over the net and i cannot find how to set the path can anyone help PLEASE.

Thanks
BE COOL AND DONT GET STRESSED!:cool:

HLA91

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It depends on what version of Windows you're running.

If you're running Windows XP/NT/2000, choose Start->Settings->Control Panel. Under System, choose either "Enviroment" on NT, or Advanced->Enviroment Variables. There should be "PATH" listed, and then all you have to do is add the Python directory to the end of this list. If PATH is not listed, you'll have to add your own.

On Windows 98, all you have to do is choose Start->Run sysedit , click on autoexec.bat, and if PATH is already listed, just add the Python directory to the list. If it's not, just do something like PATH C:\directory\to\python .

Hope this helps.

Download python from this site. It is one of the distributors of Python which bundles alll the files and features in a single package, taking care of setting up all the paths for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.