Is there any way to insert an animated .gif image into a Delphi form? The image component only seems to accept jpeg, bitmap, and icon files, plus a couple I've never seen before, but it's my understanding that none of those can be animated, and what I'd like to do would require an animated image. Is there any way around this, either an in-code workaround or another image-handling component (preferably free) that can handle these images?

Thanks in advance,
-EnderX

Member Avatar for Micheus

Is there any way to insert an animated .gif image into a Delphi form? The image component only seems to accept jpeg, bitmap, and icon files, plus a couple I've never seen before, but it's my understanding that none of those can be animated, and what I'd like to do would require an animated image. Is there any way around this, either an in-code workaround or another image-handling component (preferably free) that can handle these images?

Thanks in advance,
-EnderX

EnderX, take a look on this component (link) or;
In this link. It isn't a component but a expansion of the Delphi's Graphics library. Make possible read many others graphic formats.

[]s

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.