Hi,
I have created a Visual Basic program that uses MSFLEXGRIDS combined with Data controls.

This works fine in VB6 IDE, but when i try and ue the exe file the errors occur. When i try to open a form that contains the flexgrid, an error occurs called error '525' Data access Error!

I have tried running the program on many PC's that have VB6 and it is successful, but when i try running the exe on a PC without it, it encounters the error.

I think if this is working with VB6 installed. then it must be a DLL error that is occuring. I have installed the following DLL files and registered them, but the error still occurs;

DAO360.dll
comcat.dll
comdlg32.ocx
dbgrid32.ocx
msbind.dll
MSEXCL35.dll - Because i am using Excel within the app
MSXBSE35.dll
MSCAL.OCX
mscomct2.ocx
msstdfmt.dll
mspdox35.dll
msexch35.dll
MSJET35.DLL
MSJET40.DLL
msvbvm60.dll
mstext35.dll
msxbse35.dll
oleaut32.dll
olepro35.dll
TABCTL32.OCX
vb5db.dll
VB6STKIT.DLL
vbajet32.dll

Please help me with this as it is killing me. And any Dll's that are not needed please explain because this is the first time i am using them.

Please help!

Thanks Matt :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Computers that do not have VB6 installed need the runtime DLLs

Hi,

Use a Package and Deployment Wizard and create a set-up package for your project and Install in the other machine. It will take care of registering all the ocx and dll's used in your project.

Regards
Veena

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.