Hey, I'm really new to programming and I was wondering how you open a form after pressing a button. Such as, there is a button saying "Start", which, once clicked opens up a guessing game. I know it's probably a one line code but I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

Thanks;),

Jordan

P.S. If anyone knows of any new persons tutorals could you please tell me.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

in order to open a new form, first you must to have 2 forms.
to open a form when you click a button, you must put the following code on the button click event :
"form2.show;"

try to search on google some delphi begginers tutorial or even better go and buy a delphi book in order to learn delphi:cheesy:

best regards,

Thanks, as for the tutorials, I have looked on google and the books are expensive where I live and I'm not buying them online.

Thanks again,

Jordan Jarvis

probably today i will make a new thread with links to some tutorals.

best regards,

Books are cheap. What you learn from a decent book costing $40 will earn itself back many times over in the space of a few days work.

i'm agree with you, but if somebody doesn't know nothing about delphi, programming, algorithms, etc then i suggest to buy a book, sometimes you find there some good guidelines.

best regards,

I've been learning from... "Inside Delphi 2006". Not a bad book. I would prefer it if it just stuck to Delphi... It also covers C++ Builder so that you learn Delphi and C++ Builder at the same time.

JJarvis, good luck with your learning.

Eddie

Eddie, it's always good to learn about things from different perspectives.
One of the best books I have has examples in Java, C++, and Python.
When I got the book I didn't know Python and hadn't used C++ in years, but that should be no problem understanding what the author is trying to tell. In fact it is a good thing as it enables him to get his point across in the best way possible even if any given language is less than perfect for doing so.

And if you end up programming Delphi for real you may well end up doing C++ and/or C# as well. The days of the monolithic application written entirely in one language are pretty much over as more and more applications are delivered on platforms like .NET, COM+, and Java (which is more than a language, it's an entire platform).

Hey, I'm really new to programming and I was wondering how you open a form after pressing a button. Such as, there is a button saying "Start", which, once clicked opens up a guessing game. I know it's probably a one line code but I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

Thanks;),

Jordan

P.S. If anyone knows of any new persons tutorals could you please tell me.

Whis programming language you are using?
Mail me at <snipped emil address>

Or else tomorrow I will reply with some free help files and tutorial pages on the web.

Bye...

Hi,

It might sound off-topic too but all modern IDEs (Integrated Development Environment) incorporate a powerfull help which not only includes reference but also all kinds of tutorials. i.e. : Delphi 7 help has four chapters of pure tutorial and for Visual Studio there is even more tutorial on integrated help.

Loren Soth

Books are cheap. What you learn from a decent book costing $40 will earn itself back many times over in the space of a few days work.

I'll say! I bought some C books for $50 a pop (bought 4 different ones, ahaha I was broke afterwards) and it paid off BIG time... I made $500 in a couple months off selling an application I made to my friends... I needed some cash so I sold a program that I said was incredibly advanced, but really was only a basic text editor (sold it for $20 a piece, and a lot of people bought it, sadly) that had syntax highlighting for HTML and Javascript. Muahahah I'm evil.

Any ways, yeah books that cost you $50 or $40 earn you back the money fast.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.