I am using the Kdevelop IDE on Fedora core 5 32 bit Linux to learn c++ programming, but the funny thing is I can't figure out as how to set up the IDE in such a way that it gives me the option of syntax highlighting and automatic code completion something similar to other IDEs. Please have a look at the image attached to this thread, which which I found somewhere on the net to make it easier for people to understad as what exactly I am looking for. It is also here.

Please help me set up the right enviornment and the right way of using it. Thanks..

Attachments Kdevelop.JPG 57.69 KB

there u go a good artical on Kdevelop configuration

Thanks a lot for the reply. Appreciated. I have just opened the Kdevelop interface to make my first C++ program. I think all I need to do first of all is click on the Project menu and then select New Project. Then click on the All Projects tab. This shows two options C and C++. So selectd C++ and it expanded giving more options underneath it such as CMake Based Project, Embedded, GTK, KDE, Kdevelop, QMake Project, wxWidgets. I selectd the QMake Project option and it expanded giving some more options underneath such as Simple ClanLib Application, Simple Hello World Program, Simple ncurses Hello World Program etc. I chose "Simple Hello World Program". Then I gave an application name like "first" and location of the file. Is this is right way of starting the Kdevelop interface? Please let me know. Thanks.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.