hi!
I'm kind of new to this site, but I saw some of your guys posts, and man, you are brilliant. so I hope someone can help me as well. I am doing a vc++ program, and I'm using many comboboxs. how can I tell between them? I mean, I want to know in case WM_COMMAND, witch combobox has just been changed.
I'll be ever so grateful if anyone can help me here!!;)

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by gabs

you gave each combobox a unique id when you created it. Just use it.

what version of vc++ are you using?

There are a lot of combo box messages See this MSDN article

Can't you just double click each combobox and edit the code for when each combobox is changed? It might provide you with a different event by default, not sure, but I think there is one for combobox changed.

Regards.

~Tyler S. Breton

hi!
I'm kind of new to this site, but I saw some of your guys posts, and man, you are brilliant. so I hope someone can help me as well. I am doing a vc++ program, and I'm using many comboboxs. how can I tell between them? I mean, I want to know in case WM_COMMAND, witch combobox has just been changed.
I'll be ever so grateful if anyone can help me here!!;)

I dont know but if you are using WIN32
With WM_COMMAND notification, you can have a look of lParam.

lParam Handle to the control sending the message if the message is from a control. Otherwise, this parameter is NULL.

thank you for your help, found what I was looking for and this is it :

if (LOWORD (wParam) == DAY_COMBOBOX && HIWORD (wParam) == LBN_SELCHANGE)

Thank You :cheesy:

Edited by mike_2000_17: Fixed formatting

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.