Hi all,

I have download Apache POI(2.5.1) to convert a Excel file to XML using NetBeans5.0 . After Unzipping i got three Executable JAR files 1.poi-2.5.1-final 2.poi-contrib-2.5.1 3.poi-scratch-2.5.1 Please tell what steps i have to do to install it (or) just it's enough to just point out that JAR files in Netbeans ? How i have to configure it in Netbeans.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

follow the instructions.
They're NOT executable jars, they're the stuff you need on your classpath to use the library.

You may also need to have some configuration file, but the instructions that come with the library will tell you what and where.

Thanks Jwenting ,

I set the path and it's now working fine.

One more question , i download JOnAs 4.8.4-tomcat5.5.17 and installed by setting JONAS_ROOT and ANT_HOME.

When i check the environment using "jonas check" i'm getting following message

" The system cannot find the path specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.
JONAS_BASE is set to
'-Dinstall.root' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
"

As i already told i have Netbeans 5.0 it has also have bundled tomcat . is that cause any problem ?

How can i resolve this problem ?

Thanks

no, it can't find something.
Those messages aren't complete so it's impossible for me to know what it can't find, but it can't find something.
You did set JAVA_HOME I hope?

Yes , i set JAVA_HOME and also JONAS_HOME , ANT_HOME but when i type "ant" in command prompt I'm getting the following message.

"Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!
Build failed"

i also didn't find buil.xml in ANT_HOME/bin directory
what's the problem ?

build.xml could be in the current directory (the directory where you are executing the command). If your build script is named something else, you can specify that with ant too.

Thanks aniseed .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.