I've got a C assignment to make a "Rolodex" project. I wrote out the whole assignment just so you would understand the scope. I'm just getting going on this. Last week's lecture was about Dynamic Self Referential Lists in C, so I get the concept of what I'm supposed to be doing here. I'm looking for advice on how and where to set up the address file. Thanks for any and all help!!
The Basics from the Assignment:
1. Nodes are linked with both a next & previous pointer.
2. The last node always points to the first node.
3. A pointer to the list can point to any node and that can be the first node in the list.
Nodes should be in alphabetic order
Commands should include
J move forward
K move backward
P print all of th enodes
F find a name
1. Build a doubly linked circular list data structure
2. Function to insert into the list in the correct position.
3. Correctly remove a node from the list.
4. PRint the list to the screen in alphabetic order.
5. Read the data from a node in the list.
6. Find a node using a key. This means that you have be able to move the handle to a node with a specific piece of info in the address. (Search by name) If not found the current pointed to node should not change.
7. You need to have a menu system to implement the Roledex commands
8. You must be able to save a Rolodex to disk.
9. Load an address book from file.
10. Read a file name and load an address book.