hi,
I am new to C++.
I need to develop an application in VC++ 6.0 which can send an SMS using SMTP thru SMS gateways.
i dont have any clue how to proceed.
so pls help me out
its very urgent.
if possible cau u send me a sample code in VC++.
thanks&regards,
sree

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

why would you want to write a program that advanced in a programming language you said you know nothing about? Learn the language first.

hi,
I didnt say that i dont know C++ language.
I want a simple startup method to send an SMS
like any libraries i need to include in my project like that i am asking

hi,

;)

hi,
I am new to C++.

I tried google for you: click

hi niek,

Thanks alot ,even i tried this code.
it is showing several error.
I am using VC++ 6.0 IDE
All i am trying is to create an SMS for my C++ application and send that SMS to SMSC/SMS GateWay,and it should the SMS to any phone num specified by me.
I know it is complicated one.
But I have to do this task
regards,
sree

it is showing several error.
I am using VC++ 6.0 IDE

Please read the first line from the page I linked:

Requires Windows 2000 or above. Source requires Visual C++ 7.0

You can download VS2005 (VC++8) Express from www.microsoft.com for free.

I am new to C++.

Did I misread?

Anyway, I see a bunch of things wrong here. For one thing, you don't even know what SMP is. Bad, bad. Never even think about programming with something that you know nothing about. If you want to get into a certain area of development, research a little before jumping right in. You'll thank yourself later.

so pls help me out
its very urgent.

*groan*

Do you think that saying "urgent" will make us help you any faster? It's not that we won't help you, but it seems that you're trying to do something beyond your ability and saying that it's urgent. NEVER rush a programming goal - because you just can't. It will always take longer than you thought.

And agreed with Niek, get the express version of Visual Studio. VC++ 6.0 is too old and outdated anyway.

and NEVER scream for attention by claiming your problem requires help before all others, which is what you (implicitly or explicitly) do by claiming it's "urgent" or "gimme ze codez asap plz pronto".

and ditch that dinosaur called VC6. You can read up on programming and the protocols you need while VC 2005 Express and the Win32 Platform SDK are downloading and installing.

and NEVER scream for attention by claiming your problem requires help before all others, which is what you (implicitly or explicitly) do by claiming it's "urgent" or "gimme ze codez asap plz pronto".

and ditch that dinosaur called VC6. You can read up on programming and the protocols you need while VC 2005 Express and the Win32 Platform SDK are downloading and installing.

hi Thanks for your advice.
I have used API's and solved my problem
now i am able to semd SMS to any mobile across the world using my application in VC++.
Regarding SMPP i studied alot about SMSC,SMS gateways and found out the starting point.
I requested for help from u all , i am not demanding anybody here.
I mentioned Urgent , it doesnt mean to sent immediately,
I am trying to get info from u
regards
sree.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.