hello :-) I'm Sean and currently a 3rd year BS Business Admin. Major
in Management Information Technology student...

due to my limited programming skill... i know this would be
a simple programming problem to you guys out there so i would
like to get inputs on how am I to go about doing a program
that would compute about Tax..

my intended inputs are, the tax payer's NAME, AGE, CIVIL STATUS,
RESIDENCE STATUS etc. along with their monthly or Annual INCOME,
Dependents, Expenses and other info to process the needed output of
Taxable Income and Tax due...

I like the screen to appear like a FORM that is to filled out...

Hope to hear from you... thanks for any help :)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

my intended inputs are, the tax payer's NAME, AGE, CIVIL STATUS,
RESIDENCE STATUS etc. along with their monthly or Annual INCOME,
Dependents, Expenses and other info to process the needed output of
Taxable Income and Tax due...

Yeah this would be very easy. But using pure c or c++ is not the way to go.

You need a GUI builder. I recommend dotnet. There others of course but dotnet is the least painful.

If you must do this in c++ then use MFC or some other GUI system as jamthwee mentioned. QT is another free one and portable between *nix and MS-Windows (probably MAC also). Note that none of these are trivial to learn -- MFC for example on average has about a year's learning curve to learn it well, although basic windows can be produced in just a few minutes.

If you are not restricted to using c or c++ then you would probably want to use something like C# or VB.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Yes...

I wouldn't recommend learning MFC though. MFC has had its day and it's time for it to die gracefully. If not it's time for it to retire, (much like yourself Ancient Dragon ;))

QT, xXXwidgetsXXx, again possible but I bet they use a similar virtual machine like java or some framework to afford cross platform usability.

dotnet isn't as yet fully portable but with projects like mono it probably soon will be.

Since this is a project portability probably doesn't matter. Rapid prototyping and simple coding will probably come first.

In that case go for dotnot...

hello :-) I'm Sean and currently a 3rd year BS Business Admin. Major in Management Information Technology student...

due to my limited programming skill...

Because of limited programming skill, and I assume (dangerous I know) you don't wish to become a programmer, I'd go with Visual Basic or, if platform independance is desired, Real Basic.

thanks for your suggestions... problem is we're restricted to only
using C :-(

i also want to be a good programmer, but i think i want to be more
inclined into doing WEB stuff (PHP, mySQL) hehe!

If you have to do it in C, here is a good tutorial to get you started. You will need a good knowledge of c language.

Hope to hear from you... thanks for any help :)

Is that a requirement? If it isn't, it shouldn't be that hard. If it is, then good luck and enjoy C for the months to come!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.