I suppose it's about time I ASKED a question for a change.

I'm attempting to write a program that records the location of the mouse cursor every time it is clicked. Getting the location of the cursor at any given moment is simple. However, knowing WHEN to get that location is another matter entirely. In order to do what I'm attempting to do, I need to know every time the mouse is clicked, no matter what window or area of the screen it happens to be in at the time. Once I have that covered, I can handle the rest easily.

I thought a similar question had been asked in here once already, but as I can't find it again, I'm posing my variation now. Hopefully someone out there knows the answer and it will be immortalized here for all time. ^.=.^

- Sen

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

This might work...

Set the form to transparent background and maximize the window.

Only problem with that is that it requires VB.NET... Good ole' VB6 doesn't have an opacity setting on the forms.

- Sen

Only problem with that is that it requires VB.NET... Good ole' VB6 doesn't have an opacity setting on the forms.

- Sen

Sorry. My psychic powers weren't tuned in, I guess ;)

However, upon further inspection of the Windows API, an Opacity value can be simulated. Imma write a small control and post it on my website, with a link from here, because this is a COOL feature to have, and I think this might work. As long as the opacity isn't = 0, the mouse events get passed to the form.

Now I just have to figure out how to pass the events to whatever is directly below my form so as to keep the system working properly...

- Sen

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.