I was just thinking if it is possible to determine ones own ip address with the help of C++???Can someone please clear this query of mine

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Yes, it is possible. It isn't terribly difficult either if you're familiar with socket programming.

Yes, it is possible. It isn't terribly difficult either if you're familiar with socket programming.

BUT I have no idea of socket programming. Can u give a site which will give me a program for finding the ip address???

>BUT I have no idea of socket programming.
You didn't ask how to do it, only if it was possible.

>Can u give a site which will give me a program for finding the ip address???
www.google.com

>BUT I have no idea of socket programming.
You didn't ask how to do it, only if it was possible.

>Can u give a site which will give me a program for finding the ip address???
www.google.com

THANKS A LOT BUT I KNEW THAT ALREADY!!!

>THANKS A LOT BUT I KNEW THAT ALREADY!!!
Then why did you ask?

By the way, using all caps is considered very rude and insulting. You're lucky I'm not in one of my moods today or I would let loose on you, and then never help you again.

>THANKS A LOT BUT I KNEW THAT ALREADY!!!
Then why did you ask?

By the way, using all caps is considered very rude and insulting. You're lucky I'm not in one of my moods today or I would let loose on you, and then never help you again.

Well I am sorry if at all I hurt you. Trust me I had no intention of doing so. I am really sorry. I think there is a misunderstanding. I was referring to the site you mentioned not the thing about socket programming. This thing which informed me abou is gonna help me a great deal. So THANX oops i mean Thanx for that.

FRROSSK Please help me as i think you are the only person on this site who replies politely. My question is how do we find the ip address of ones own computer using c++. Narue said its by socket programming but does that work on DOS or is it only for UNIX.Thats it!!
Thanks

FRROSSK Please help me as i think you are the only person on this site who replies politely.

Thanks for appreciation :)

My question is how do we find the ip address of ones own computer using c++. Narue said its by socket programming but does that work on DOS or is it only for UNIX.Thats it!!
Thanks

Narue is right; this is by socket programming, and this kind of programming is supported also on Windows; but, unfortunately, I was never programming with sockets, so I can't be very helpful on that (to be more specific, I am not helpful at all :) ).

Thanks for appreciation :)

Narue is right; this is by socket programming, and this kind of programming is supported also on Windows; but, unfortunately, I was never programming with sockets, so I can't be very helpful on that (to be more specific, I am not helpful at all :) ).

Thanx anyways as I said earlier, YOU INDEED ARE VERY POLITE. Frankly, Hope you do well wherever you are. Best wishes

Thanx anyways as I said earlier, YOU INDEED ARE VERY POLITE. Frankly, Hope you do well wherever you are. Best wishes

Thx, man..You too...

>Please help me as i think you are the only person on this site who replies politely
If you only listen to people who are polite to you then you deserve to remain ignorant. Very often the people best suited to helping you learn aren't sickeningly sweet. Now, IIRC I suggested you google for "beej" to find your answer and warned you that it was a complicated answer. If not, I must be thinking of one of the hundreds of people whom I did suggest it to and I appologize.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not particularly interested in posting a program that does what you want and then spending days explaining every detail to you because you didn't immediately understand every nuance of the code. I've done that before and it's never fun. So go do the research and stop trying to mooch off of these poor people.

Went ahead and merged these two threads together. In the future, please keep all questions that relate to one another in the same thread.

Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.