i already know how to do a login form using a .INI file, but i was wondering if it is possible to make a form that automatically downloads a file from the web on loading, and uses that as a database for passwords and users, i was also wondering if anybody knows how to check text for a specific string and then change it or create a message box(ie. swear detecter)

thanks in advance, Wayne

p.s. i know many codes for loading and unloading, if you need any, ask me and i might have it :P

>>if anybody knows how to check text for a specific string and then change it or create a message box(ie. swear detecter)

If you are looking for a way to detect obscene language, you might ask Dani because she implemented something similar for DaniWeb a couple months ago. I don't know enough about it to describe how its done.

>>if anybody knows how to check text for a specific string and then change it or create a message box(ie. swear detecter)

If you are looking for a way to detect obscene language, you might ask Dani because she implemented something similar for DaniWeb a couple months ago. I don't know enough about it to describe how its done.

okay thanks, but is that for any script or...? cause im lookin for it to be done in vb6... thanks a whole bunch

wayne

okay thanks, but is that for any script or...? cause im lookin for it to be done in vb6... thanks a whole bunch

A technique is just a technique. It can be written in any language.

Essentially you have a list of words you are looking for in an array. You then loop through the array and search for each word in the text.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.