I had posted a while ago about how to put a picture in a game to make it look a little more real. my friend said i should a gui. Does anyone know of a site or how to do this using microsoft visual c++?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

guis in c++ are very hard to make (many, many tens of pages of code) and should not be attempted if you are not a very good c++ programmer

That all depends on C++ GUI API you select.

I know QT4 API, which is great for begginers and codelles API.
Affcourse you will need some good sources(books, tutorials), and time.

Second API I know about is WINAPI. Its true. The simplest window cration needs about 40 lines of code. Once you learn basics is easy to make a bit more complicated appz.

There is also GTK+, but I never tryed it.

So for begginer I reccomend you Qt4 API, but you will need to include tons of libs (if you dont buy licence).
If you are developing for windows choose WIN32 API.

I am posting that including my personal experience,

Jan

yeah. i did a standard win32 window in VC5 and it took 3 - 4 pages of code. Using MFC takes about half of that

yeah. i did a standard win32 window in VC5 and it took 3 - 4 pages of code. Using MFC takes about half of that

ok but how do i make it? like i have never before.

unless you know c++ very well dont go there

>ok but how do i make it?
Here's a good starting place:

http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/

But if you have trouble understanding a lot of it, don't come running here for help. You need to be decent with C++ first.

I learn WinAPI for half month now, and it doesnt make problems to me.

Affcourse I have a good intermediate C++ knowlege.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.