HI all could anyone please tell me where i can find some public domain source codes for Visual C++ 1.52, I am trying to teach myself programming as i dont have the patience for classrooms and i thought that some sample codes would give me some practice. I have already learned some very basic stuff all i need is to get some practice.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

www.pscode.com - Tons of free source there, a great place to learn :).

thanks mate :-))

>>Visual C++ 1.52, I am trying to teach myself programming

well, you won't learn much by using that ancient compiler, and what you do learn will most likely be wrong. Get yourself a modern compiler -- there are several free ones that are good for learning, such as Dev-C++ from www.bloodshed.net

i bet you work for microsoft. what is it with people just because something is old doenst mean its not useful. The reason i am using an old launguage is because i am running an old os on an old machine you know i still use my old vic20. I dont like winxp and refuse to buy it i like dos and you know that because of this i have been able to get rid of virii that most popular (new) anti virus software cant because the virus dosent operate in dos

If you want me to go out and buy a new os and a new lauguage just cause its new maybee you want to buy it for me. you must have something better to do, you know i asked for help not critisism

Dragon you might want to take a page out of tayspen's book and help people when they ask for help and your opinion when they want it

i bet you work for microsoft.

DevCPP is not a microsoft product.

what is it with people just because something is old doenst mean its not useful.

He didn't say it is not useful, he said it is a bad compiler. And rightly so. I don't think it supports much of the features that separate C++ from C.

I dont like winxp and refuse to buy it i like dos and you know that because of this i have been able to get rid of virii that most popular (new) anti virus software cant because the virus dosent operate in dos

I use WinXP and connected to the internet 24/7, and I have never been infected with a virus to get rid of ever.

If you want me to go out and buy a new os and a new lauguage just cause its new maybee you want to buy it for me.

You dont have to buy DevCPP. It is free. Don't know if it can run in DOS though.

you must have something better to do, you know i asked for help not critisism. Dragon you might want to take a page out of tayspen's book and help people when they ask for help and your opinion when they want it

Heard about a thing called helpful critisism? If you are just a hobbyist programming in C/C++ go ahead. But don't ever think that programming in VC1.52 will look good in your resume.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.