By tabs do you mean
1. Tab order - the order the fields are selected when pressing the tab key
2. Tables of data
3. Cigarettes

By tabs do you mean
1. Tab order - the order the fields are selected when pressing the tab key
2. Tables of data
3. Cigarettes

For tabbing between controls e.g text boxes you open up the Properties explorer and edit the value TabIndex. E.g if i was on a control with TabIndex1 and hit tab then i would move to whatever control had TabIndex 2.

Cheers JB, beaten to it again

The way we always did it was to start from the last control on the form and enter 0 for the table order. By doing this any control currently set to 0 gets increased by 1, and so on up the line. Then you work your way through the controls in reverse order setting every one to 0. After you reach the first control and set it to 0 you should find the tab order now works perfectly

I think MzTools for VB6 can fix your tab order automatically.

How does MzTools know which order you want the tabs to be in?

I don't actually know for sure but if I recall it's something like this. It takes a best guess based upon two factors, heirarchy and position on the form. So at the top level it will cycle through each control left to right and top to bottom, and when it reaches a container control (such as a frame) it will finish the controls in that before moving on to the next form level control.

Yeah , it has an automatic tab order thingy

And you can also manually arrange. It will list all the controls in a window and you can move them around which is much easier than finding them and using properties to change the TabIndex.

MzTools for VB6 is free

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.