i want to implement a special symbol like (integration symbol )in java
i want a complete example
that i can excute it

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

i want to implement a special symbol like (integration symbol )in java
i want a complete example
that i can excute it

I want you to read forum rules and homework rules. After this demanding work I want you to use google and find some thing about "java integral symbol" and you may found something like this

Maybe later on we may cooperate if you be less demanding and more independent "capo" :cool:

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Another option, although somewhat contrived, would be to use the graphics gdi to draw the integral symbol.

Depends on the scope of your project.

or to find (or create) a custom font and use that :)

I was thinking perhaps maybe he/she wanted to build a LaTex emulator?:D

Yeah, I wasn't sure if he wanted to display/parse a special symbol or implement something like operator overloading.

If you (mody2007), are wanting to overload an operator, Java does not provide any facility for that. You have to use class methods for things like that.

In my opinion, operator overloading provides no other functionality other than readability. Personally, why bother.

And the languages that do support overloading, I would doubt they support overloading of the intergal symbol.

But I don't think the OP necessarily wants to know about that, but then he/she was quite vague. Meh? Maybe they wanna know how to do integration using Simpson's/ trapezium rule... who knows.

In my opinion, operator overloading provides no other functionality other than readability. Personally, why bother.

And the languages that do support overloading, I would doubt they support overloading of the intergal symbol.

Yes, I agree with you there. It does provide readability and code brevity in some cases, but in other cases it can be a source of confusion as well. I don't lament being unable to overload operators in Java.

I don't mind them, I like overloading in c++. They were useful when building my gaussian numbers and polynomial classes. When I say useful I meant, they looked better eye candy. =)

Just back on topic, after numerical integration the OP might wanna have a go at copying

this

Great exercise in my opinion. =)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.