Right now, I have a project with a class of a custom control. I also have a project with an .aspx file and its back code that implements the control of my other class.

In the control's class, I need to write code that will add some javascript in the head tag of web pages that will use this control.

I found out that with this code:

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl a = (System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl)this.Parent.Parent.Controls[1];
a.InnerHtml += "<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"" + "file.js\"></script>";

I can do it but I need the users to add runat="server" to the head tag of their pages for it to work.

Does anyone know how I would do this without modifying the aspx file's head tag?

Thank you very much...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Can you use the "RegisterClientScriptBlock()" method, instead?

I thought of something like that today. It'll also be good to prevent the code from writing to the page more than onece if I have multiple instances of the control.

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.