ive been trying to connect my c program and a postgre database using VC++. but i cant compile it because it cant find "postgres_fe.h". and also i cant find any tutorials about this one too. When i searched google, most are for linux. if anyone here knows some links to a site pls post here. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Are you allowed to use third party API's in your project? If so, then try using sqlapi, a C++ library for connecting to SQL databases.

as much as posible i shouldnt use third party. but if i cant use the standard il have to use third party as last resource.

thanks for the reply

one more question .

sqlapi is a wrapper of libpq of postgres how can i use sqlapi if libpq also does not exist in my machine.

Ah, scrap the sqlapi, it just offers a trial version unless you order it, so I guess it is out.

The only option left with you is to download the API provided by PostgreSQL instead. This page is your last hope.

yep. i really dont have much background in c and databases. its only been a month since i started learning c/c++ and first time in using database. :'(

i have solve this problem. hehehe. i reinstalled my postgres. and i found out that their where some uncheck boxes during my install.

thanks for the help guys!

Comments
Thanks for the follow up, would help some other beginner.
This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.